Ingredients (for pressure cooking)
Moong Dal / Spilt Skinned Lentils – ¾ cup
Water –3 cups
Onion (Finely Chopped) – 1 Medium Size
Tomato (Chopped) – 1 Medium Size
Ginger (Finely Chopped) – ½ inch
Red Chili Powder – ¼ tsp
Turmeric Powder – ¼ tsp
Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
Garlic (lightly Crushed) – 4-5
Salt to Taste
Garam Masala – ½ tsp
Green Chili (Slit) 1 or 2
Pinch of Heeng
Oil / Ghee or Butter – 2-3 tbsp
1. Take all listed ingredients in pressure cooker except salt.
2. Stir well, cool until its cooked soft.
3. Once pressure downs, remove lid and stir.
4. Add water if its think on simmer for 1-2 min & add Salt.
5. Heat Oil / Ghee or Butter in small pan.
6. Add Cumin Seeds then Garlic and Green Chili and fry of few seconds. (Don’t Brown it)
7. Add Garam Masala, Red Chili and Heeng and Switch off the Flame. (on low Flame)
8. Add this tadka (misture) into Dal and stir.
Shelf life – It can be refrigerated once cool completely in air tight container up to 4-5 days or even you can freeze it.
Serving suggestions – Serve it with rice or chapatti. You can serve with any Indian flat bread like naan, paratha, roti.
– You can adjust the consistency of dal. If dal is too thick then add some water and let it boil for 2 minutes.