Urad dal – 1 cup
Water – 5 cups
Salt – to taste
Ginger paste – 1 teaspoon
Garlic paste – 1 teaspoon
Oil – ½ cup
Onion – 1 Medium, chopped
Green chilie Paste – 1 Teaspoon
Tomatoes – 1 Medium, chopped
Turmeric powder – 1 teaspoon
Coriander powder – 1 teaspoon
Garam masala – 1 teaspoon
Cumin seeds – 1 teaspoon
Hing Powder (Asafetida) – 2 Pinch
Finely chopped coriender leaves – 2 Tablespoon
1. Boil Dal with 5 Cup of water with salt.
2. Stir occassionally and if white foam gathering on top, remove it.
3. Remove the pan from when when it ready.
4. Add oil in pan and heat it, now add hing, cumin seeds, heat it until its crackling.
5. Add Onion and fry it until its turns golden brown.
6. Now Add Green Chili Paste and Ginger Garlic Paste and mix it. (for about 1 min.)
7. Add all dry spices and stir for 1 min.
8. Add Tomatos and mix and add 2 tablespoon of water and heat it until its leaves oil.
9. Add Dal into this mixture and also add some water and make it boil.
10. Add extra water if needed & let it boil.
11. Serve it on a dish and garnish with coriender leaves.
Shelf life – It can be refrigerated once cool completely in air tight container up to 4-5 days or even you can freeze it.
Serving suggestions – Serve it with rice. You can serve with any Indian flat bread like naan, paratha, roti.
– You can adjust the consistency of dal. If dal is too thick then add some water and let it boil for 2 minutes.
– If dal is too thin then let it boil for some more time till it thickens.