¼ cup masur dal which has been washed and drained
¼ cup paneer
Two large tomatoes, chopped
2 medium sized onions, finely sliced
Three cloves of crushed garlic
1 tsp cooking oil
A pinch of chilli powder
Salt to taste
- Sauté the onions in oil in a pressure cooker on medium flame.
- Add the crushed garlic and chilli powder and sauté for a minute.
- Add the tomatoes and dal with two cups of water and steam in the cooker.
- Once cooked remove from pressure cooker and cool
- Blend the dal and vegetables into a smooth puree in a mixer.
- Transfer the puree to a non stick pan and add salt and mix well.
- Bring to a boil and simmer.
- Add cubed paneer and two tsps of lemon juice and serve hot in soup bowls.
This is a very nutritious, protein rich soup with a tangy flavor and is quite easy to make. This soup is nourishing and very tasty and would be quite popular on a cold day. Other recipes with masoor dal include masoor dal tadka, masoor dal pakodas, masoor dal parathas and other varieties of tasty cuisine.